Careers with the Advance Group
Thank you for interest in working with Advance Construction Scotland. We are always on the look-out for new talent and skilled individuals. As our business grows, we seek to recruit individuals who are passionate about their role within our business. Our staff are our business, and we reward our staff with generous training, potential for growth and development and industry competitive salaries.
If you are interested in working with Advance Construction Scotland, please send an up to date CV stating which type of role you would be best suited to email@example.com
Experienced Multi-Utility Mains and Service Operative
Due to continued growth we are seeking a Multi-Utility Mains and Service Operative to work in an extremely fast paced environment.
Job Title: Multi-Utility Mains and Service Operative
As the Multi-Utility Mains and Service Operatives you will be responsible for:
• Undertaking excavation works, both on Developer Site and The Public Highway to NJUG standards for laying of utilities.
• Installation of Water, Gas and Electric Mains and Services to meet quality and compliance standards in accordance with an approved design drawing.
• Backfilling and Compaction of Excavations to meet Developer and necessary HAUC specifications
• Installation of Water and Gas meters to service connections
• Ensure ACU and Developer Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental policies and standards are met.
• Provide necessary work records undertaken on a daily basis
This is not an exhaustive list of activities, so it is important that applicants have great organisation skills and are used to working in a fast-paced environment.
• NCO gas service/mains laying
• NCO water service/mains laying
• SCO 1,2 and 5 trained CP
• Electric/gas/water SHEA
• Water Hygiene
• NRSWA excavation, backfill and reinstatement in highways
• 180/360 excavator trained and certified
• Banksman/slinger trained and certified
• Use of Abrasive wheels
Please register your interest along with your CV to Lynsey Breen, Director of Strategic Operations firstname.lastname@example.org
Health and Safety Advisor/Site Inspector
Due to continued growth we are seeking an experienced, competent and motivated Health and Safety Advisor/Site Inspector for this exciting opportunity.
To be successful in this role you will be self-motivated, innovative and have the ability to recognise and advise on all aspects of Health and Safety legislation. You will be a good communicator, approachable and be solution driven. The successful candidates must hold either IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications and have experience of working on Construction and Civil Engineering projects.
The position will service the portfolio of projects in the West of Scotland, carrying out site SHE compliance inspections and audits to a pre-determined plan and leading/assisting with accident/incident investigations when necessary.
• Ensure project/site compliance with all statutory and management system health, safety and environmental requirements as they apply at all times.
• Provide professional advice and guidance to Senior Managers, Project Managers and Employees on health, safety and environmental issues.
• Co-ordinate the maintenance of documented project/site health and safety procedures, including relevant hazard and risk assessments, for all activities.
• To undertake accident and incident investigations; identify immediate and root causes and preventive actions; prepare accurate and professional reports and reviews, including appropriate recommendations where necessary.
• Recognise changes to legislation, guidance and other relevant developments and develop strategies for their implementation where necessary.
• IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications
• Experience of working on Construction and Civil Engineering projects.
Please register your interest along with your CV to Rob McMillan, Health & Safety Director email@example.com
Submit Your Details
Looking to work with Advance Group groundworker, HGV driver, labourer, plant operator or utility worker?
We are always looking for hard-working and enthusiastic employees and regularly employ throughout the year. Fill in your details below to be added to our database for future consideration.
All applicants MUST be in possession of a valid CSCS, CPCS or CPC card, for their relevant position.